Monday, September 10, 2007

Lucky Number 13

Owen is at such a fun point in his development. Everyday it seems he's learning and changing. Not that there aren't some frustrations as well. When he wants me to hold him, he isn't deterred by anything and since he's been able to say "Mom-mee" for about a month now, I know exactly what he wants. He doesn't say it calmly, he chants it loudly like he's at a football game. And, with these laminate floors we have, when he crawls at a fast pace, it's quite a quick, clomp, clomp, clomp I hear around the house.
He's not just crawling quickly though. Now he's walking, not all the time, but he's getting to the point where he can take several steps in a row and then either fall or lean forward to grab onto what he wants.
Last week, Derek and I were chatting in the living room and Owen was playing with some toy on the couch. He decided he was done with the toy and let go of the couch and walked 13 steps in a row. Who says 13 is unlucky? He did it again tonight-13 steps.
I have yet to catch a walking session for the camera because as soon as I run to get my camera, he's done with it. So typical. He's pretty cute though, I thought I would share some of the short, fun videos I've taken the last week.
The second video we took tonight. Owen loves the Hokey Pokey as much as his sister apparently. I am really, really sorry that you can hear me attempting to sing the song, but it was so funny to watch him flail his arms while we did the dance for FHE. He loved it.
I also wanted to note some of the crazy things he does that Ryanna never did:
  1. Scream like Mariah Carey. I'm not kidding, I have never heard another human being make a high pitch scream like this.
  2. Poop. This sounds weird, but Ryanna was so incredibly constipated, it was so frustrating. Owen had FIVE poppy diapers yesteray. FIVE. I changed one as soon as he woke-up. I put on a clean diaper and went downstairs to throw it away. When I returned, he smelled stinky. I thought, "No way!" and then I checked and yep, he'd done the deed again.
  3. Clench his fists, scrunch up his face and look so incredibly stressed out. I don't know where he picked this up from. I'm never a stress case...at least I don't think I look like that anyway.
  4. Laugh with his sister. Obviously Ryanna had no sibling to do this with, but when she starts to giggle, Owen will look at her and give a little giggle back and that makes her laugh harder and then he laughs back at her and it's the cutest thing. I really need to record one of these sessions.
  5. Destroy everything he can. If it looks neat and organized, he's going to notice and make it his mission to undo everything orderly about it.

5 comments:

Lacey said...

love all the video..he is getting so big!

Crazymamaof6 said...

you are so good about the videos! that is so fun he does such cute stuff!

Heather said...

Brody has had me repeat this video like 50 times! He loves the hokie pokie one. Its so cute :)

Erica said...

Owen is so adorable!! He is such a smart, big boy. I cannot believe he is already starting to walk! What a stud!

Melissa said...

So cute! Did you do that on your digital camera?