I learned the following things this Friday. None of which I wanted to learn.
1. Our house is apparently built on a bit of a slope. At least I gathered that from the water running out from under the bathroom door, into the hallway and on its way to the laundry room. But, wait, I forgot my first lesson.
.5 A scream coming from a three year old located in your bathroom is probably not going to end well. Now we're back on track.
2. Though I thought that my three year old would know not to use half a roll of toilet paper in one bathroom session, this information is not intuitive as I supposed.
3. There is a valve located to the left of your toilet that you should immediately turn off when you see water spilling out of the toilet bowl.
4. You may be grateful for several things in your life and these items may change hourly. But, at least once in your life, you're going to be grateful for a plunger.
5. You may also be grateful to own a Hoover WetVac mop.
6. It's not easy to move your washing machine all by yourself (even if it is empty).
7. In your attempt to not immediately harm your child, should you send him upstairs, you will probably learn that the child was traumatized enough to not do as instructed which is to say put on underwear and pants.
8. This naked child will crawl on his bed for comfort.
9. That naked bum will probably not be clean even though half a roll was used in that very cleaning procedure.
10. You will now be washing a comforter from your child's bed.
Lessons learned. Really. All learned. Glad my New Year's resolution wasn't patience!