Friday, December 14, 2007

Projects that suck up my energy and time

I have always had the desire to create a picture DVD for my grandparents that documents their marriage and all of us that have come from their union. Well, I never had a program to do it before, but I decided this was the year. They also celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary this year, so I thought the timing was perfect.
The problem lies in the fact that they reside in Colorado while I live in Arizona. One time while I was visiting, I was able to chronologically organize a bunch of snapshots through the years. When I say chronologically, I mean to the best of my memory and realize that I was not even alive for a lot of these photos.
I was able to convince my grandma to let me take those a year ago. The best photos are in a box at her house. Yes, a box, they should be on the wall or burned to a CD so all of us can enjoy them, but at least they're safe I guess. There's only a few things my grandparents really guard--jewelry, guns and photos. You psychoanalyze that. My aunt did manage to scan quite a few photos for the 50th Anniversary celebration, so that she could make these huge posters. She provided me with a copy of the CD and it has been a great resource for my project.
This is the very reason why I have been neglecting my blog. I have easily spent over 30 hours thus far (and I'm STILL not done) trying to create this thing. It's about 30minutes long with each photo taking up 5 seconds. Yes, that's over 400 photos. I scanned probably 150 of them myself. I have had to crop a lot of them and tried to improve color on a few.
Needless to say, my husband and kids have been awesome in giving me the time to do this. Especially my husband. I usually wait till the kids are in bed, but poor Derek has been incredibly understanding that his wife is bound and determined to finish what she set out to do.
So, I thought I'd post of few of me as a little girl, so you can enjoy my cuteness too.





10 comments:

Kelli said...

Holy Crap those are old, but, not meaning you are old!!!! I especially love the one that is second to the last. My mom's hair is awesome! I also really love the last one. I think we both have some many memories of the house on south 4th. I can't wait to see your DVD!! Do you need more pictures?

SHERI said...

I am sure this will be a treasured gift when you are through. I know how time consuming it is.
Love seeing these pictures. The 3rd one is a blond Ryanna- now I know where she gets that smile from!

Crazymamaof6 said...

wow what an amazing and thoughtful gift. and so sweet!

I totally enjoyed the kid pictures of you. Ryanna looks alot like you but not blond.

Tina said...

I was wondering where you have been! Look at those pics- y ou were such a cutie. And your smile is so the same then as it is now. Good luck with your project. I'm sure the end result will be awesome.

Heather said...

That one totally looks like Ryanna. I love it! What a thoughtful gift that will be cherished by everyone!

Lacey said...

I always thought Owen looked like you but HOLY COW! That first picture of you looks JUST LIKE OWEN!! So cute!

wackywilsons said...

You are adorable! You have always been so good about geneology, your abuelos should be proud to have you~

Trevor and Lauren said...

Loved the pictures. I could see how much Ryanna resembles you! Someday I'd love to learn how to make a DVD like that. If we lived close you'd probably have to spend 30 more hours showing me how!
Lauren

DKAZ said...

Wow-you're awesome. That is really thoughtful. I need to do it for my parents 50 anniversary but it's still a few years away-it will probably take me that long to do it...or maybe I'll just pay you since you'll be a pro by then.
Those pictures are so cute! The family picture is insane-I swear there is a grown-up Audrey with really dark hair and another clone of Ryanna. So fun-thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

You look darling! I can't believe how much you look like your little girl pictures.