Monday, October 6, 2008

Last Minute Thoughts...

I realize you are probably sick to death of my details about this pregnancy, so I apologize, but it seems to be consuming my thoughts lately--go figure. These various ideas have been running through my head over and over:
It seems extremely surreal that by this time tomorrow I should have a newborn baby boy--that my husband I created--to hold and admire.
I worry now about how I'm going to do everything that seemed so easy to do with two kids. That nursing thing takes up a lot of time in the beginning if I remember correctly.
I'm loving the name Eli more and more everytime I hear it. I don't know how anyone can wait till the last minute to pick a name because I have to really feel it. I don't know how else to explain it. I don't want "buyer's remorse" with a name.
I worry most about how Owen is going to deal with this. Ryanna is well aware of what's going on, but I don't know that Owen gets it. When I tell him there's a baby in my tummy, he lifts up his own shirt, points to his belly and says, "baby in my tummy."
There are, of course, those last minute-you have no control over it, but you still think about it-thoughts--"What if the baby isn't okay?" etc. I don't worry about myself, just the baby.
I worry that I didn't give Owen enough time to be "the baby." I think it'll be great that he'll have a sibling close to his age. I hope he always feels that way.
My mom and I went shopping for some last minute stuff today and it was really hard to avoid the pull of the cute, little newborn outfits, so we didn't try very hard to resist. My mom seriously spoils me and my kids when she visits. We love every second of it.
Well, next time I post, there will be plenty of pictures for you to view this baby in all his glory. I have less than 11 hours till I report to the hospital...

20 comments:

Brooke said...

I don't know anyone who can resist newborn clothes!

I am with you on the name thing. We decide on a baby name as soon as we know the sex. So the harder part for us is middle names. We like to use family names.

I can't wait to see Mr. Eli (love his name too!) You are a wonderful mother and will make it look easy to have three children. That's just how you roll :) And I love you for it! An inspiration to all! Good luck tomorrow. You will do great!

Tina said...

Audrey-
I am so excited for you! I will be thinking about you and baby Eli all day. I look forward to info and pictures ASAP.
It was really great to talk to you the other day- I really wish we could do that everyday....but I don't think my cell phone minutes would hold out for that.
Life with three kids is challenging, interesting and often fun- you'll get so used to it, you'll forget quickly what it was like to only have two.
Happy new baby day!

PS- My good friend here is getting induced tomorrow too. Fun coincidence.

SHERI said...

Good luck Audrey! I can't wait to meet him!

Lacey said...

I said everything I wanted to over the phone today-
Just wanted to say again Good luck and I love you! Your in our prayers and we will be thinking of you tomorrow- sadly, I won't be thinking of you at 3am since Addysen has finally decided to sleep through the night! Woo Hoo!
Can't wait to visit you in the hospital!

Scott & Tami said...

Holy cow, I'm so stoked for you guys!!! I am the same way with names...I totally stress until we finally decide on a name...I can't just wait until their born and then decide. Anyways, good luck, I can't wait to see photos!!! I love you guys!!!

wackywilsons said...

I can't wait for the update!!! Send pics...before and after with your belly and newborn sweetie:)

Heather said...

I loved reading your last minute thoughts. I hope everything goes well and am looking forward to seeing pictures of your little Eli soon!

Mariley Johnson said...

Good look and we hope all goes well.
It is a big step adding another to the family. But, I don't know why we ever worry about the dynamics of having another. It always works out perfectly and it's like the new one was always part of the family.
Can't wait to see Eli.

Minharos said...

I really don't know about this whole getting induced thing, and early at that! Perhaps I'm just jealous :) I've given up on trying to guess when this baby's coming. I'm due between the 28th and Nov 8th, but who knows when she'll grace us with her presence.

Good luck and I'll save the Congrats for tomorrow. I really like the name Eli too. I know what you mean about having to feel the name, but I've yet to nail it down early. We're trying to do better with this one. Either way it's worked out thus far :)

Melissa said...

So exciting! I can't wait to meet him. It's so crazy how in a week you will wonder how your family ever felt complete without him. You'll feel like he has always been a part of you family. And I guess he really has! Try to get some sleep tonight.

Lara Neves said...

I thought about you today when I was grocery shopping, because I saw your doppelganger. Only, she was definitely not pregnant. :)

Anyway, good luck with everything! You put in words all the things that I imagine every mother must feel with the coming of a new baby. I know I did!

Erica said...

Good luck!! Can't wait for the update and pictures of Mr. Eli!!

Unknown said...

Good luck! I remember feeling some of the same thoughts before being induced, its surreal to go to bed the night before and think, "this time tomorrow, things are going to be completely different." I am excited for you, I can't wait to go through labor again, it was so amazing (hello, great epidural!). You're gonna go great, and I can't wait to see pics!

Positively Creative! said...

I'm excited for his arrival!! Let me know if you need anything...by the way I need to drop off something for Eli...since I was unable to go to your shower...crazy with the kids hectic schedules...you'll be there soon enough haha! Maybe I can bring you dinner too!

Annie said...

Hope it all went well! I am sure you have your new baby by now...hopefully!

Marielle said...

So you should have a baby now! Hope everything went well!

Marielle

rachel said...

BEST OF LUCK!! Three is seriously a new career advancement in motherhood. Like I know what I am talking about I have had three for what a week now. I hope Eli has had a safe and happy arrival for the both of you!! Can't wait to see him!

Laurel said...

I'm dying for some pictures here, I am sure that you have had the baby. C'mon Derek, I am sure that you could post us some pics!!

Life in the circus said...

Congratulations on your new arrival! I bet he is beautiful, just like your other two :) good luck with your growing family.

Jessica Martiele said...

It's Thursday, and I doubt we'll hear from you (via blog) for a number of days yet, but I just wanted to pop on and say congrats! Looking forward to birth stories and baby pictures! Hope it was easy the third time around!!!