I used to be able to just think about travel in very simplistic terms:
How long is it going to take?
How much gas money will I need?
How many meals/snacks will I be consuming?
Can I get a book on tape or some music to sing really loud to?
These were all very logical questions and easily answered--BEFORE kids.
Since I've now had two kids, things have changed. These are the questions I think about:
1. Can we time this trip mostly around Owen's nap time?
2. How many different movies will I need to pack, so that the kids will stay entertained for the required amount of time?
3. What snacks can I bring that will do the least amount of damage to the car?
4. How many days are we going to be at ________ before we leave? Because trying to convince Owen to get back in that car the second time may cause what people call a coniption.
5. How can I position the kids in the back seat to where Ryanna can care for most of Owen's needs, so I won't have to turn around and make myself sick?
AND, if I'm pregnant like I am now:
6. How many hours is this going to take? My bum starts to seriously ache from the added weight and shift of the baby.
We leave for Utah tomorrow and I'm starting to get nervous about the 14 hours or so it'll take to get up there. Can you tell?